Quarterly Resident Family Member Meeting
October 18, 2016 at 7:00 PM
Doris Coleman, Administrator at Eno Pointe, discussed changes to the dietary program. Performance Foodservice now provides our menus and food products, as well as offering the service of a Registered Dietician that creates the menus based on state mandated requirements and resident preferences.
- Special diets are controlled using portions.
- For example, a regular diet would receive 6 oz of Orange Juice at breakfast, whereas a Diabetic Diet would receive 4 oz.
- Low salt diets will not receive salt packets on their trays
- Chopped or Pureed diets are still served already chopped/pureed as needed.
- Menus are on a seasonal 5 week schedule – Spring/Summer & Fall/Winter
- After each season, the RD will meet with the residents to discuss what foods they liked/dislike and what changes should be considered in making the next set of menus
- Family members will be notified of this meeting in the event that their resident would like assistance communicating.
- Doris also discussed that taste buds can change over time and due to certain medications. If a resident has always disliked corn, they may begin to eat it later or vice versa.
- Snacks are also provided and are varied each day. They can range from fresh fruit, crackers, sandwiches, desserts, or otherwise.
A Question & Answer time was provided at the end of the meeting
- Family members had questions pertaining to staffing and activities.
- Doris expressed that staff turnover is high at times but an extra staff member has been hired for every shift to serve as a floater. This person will aid the other CNAs by addressing immediate problems and things that require additional assistance.
- Doris asked that family members make staff, supervisors, and herself aware of problems or things that need to be addressed ASAP.
- Staff incentive programs were also explained. Examples include gift cards provided for a job well done or high attendance.
- One attendee asked that the back courtyard be available for activities.
- Doris is going to discuss this with Cindy, activities coordinator.